OK, I know he needs a haircut, but is this a cute pose or what? Thanks, Gramma Kyle for the outfit. We were most impressed with the half waist belt. It is a belt in the front, but not in the back. Interesting concept....Can't believe it is May! Life has been pretty calm around our house and I have to say that I'm enjoying the simplicity of not being "busy". I know that my identity does not come from what I do. I know that in my head, but sometimes knowing and believing it in my heart is another story. Not working and having Samuel has been an identity check. God is one-by-one using situations to pry my fingers off my death grip on defining myself by what I do instead of by who He says I am. I'm staying home with Samuel and there is no place I'd rather be right now. I am going to embrace having time to work in the yard on a Saturday or watch a TV show on a week night or take a nap on a weekday (shh...) without feeling guilty! And honestly, I love having so much time with Samuel, but I'm beat at the end of the day. So even though I miss the world of education, I am thankful for this time with Samuel and for the lessons God is teaching me of what a healthy pace of life looks like.
With spring weather finally here, we've tried to get out and enjoy it as much as possible. We checked out the new Royals stadium last weekend with people from our small group at church. It was jersey give-away night... we did not all dress alike on purpose... I promise. The new stadium is fun! Lots of kids stuff- and it was a sold out crowd. I don't remember ever being at a Royals game that was sold out :).

We also made a trip to Deanna Rose Farm/Petting Zoo with several other moms/kids. Here's Samuel and Luke and Mr. Goat. They loved it!
In other news... if you've followed our adoption story, you've read about hte Embrey's... our friend who are adopting two girls from Guatemala. Cindy has been home since September, but Caterin's case has had some complications. Please keep praying for peace and strength for the family and for favor with the Guatemalan government. They are in Guatemala right now visiting Caterin. Check out their blog.
That's all from here- have a fabulous week!
6 comments:
Oh that kid is so cute!
Thanks for sharing your heart. It was a good reminder for me.
Emily, Just wanted you to know that I have followed your blog for a long time. I originally found it because I was following Pat and Leanne's blog. I found out that I could keep up better with their journey with Erick by reading your blog! : ) I've now come to feel like I know you guys and little Samuel and am always thrilled when my dashboard shows you've updated your blog. Thanks for sharing your journey through adoption and the continuing story at home. I've enjoyed it!
Fun Royals pic! Wish I could have been there! I'm really having a great time getting to know everyone in life group this year. Thanks for all you do for us! You have been such a blessing to me this year!
-Amy D.
Good post Emily. It was encouraging to this fellow mommy :)
Amie
Great update! I felt reassured of my time home with Bella too! It goes by so fast and I'm so thankful for all the moments (good and sometimes bad) that I get to share with her instead of being away!
Em,
I'm reading, just not responding. I think you are doing "the most important job in the world right now" and I'm glad you are enjoying it! So many young women say how they couldn't wait to get back to work and away from the kids. Sad.
It's ok to slow down. Doesn't God say, "Be still..." :-)
Your writing is beautiful. Keep on.
Post a Comment