Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Field Day!

Yes, "field day". Samuel had field day at preschool. I thought it was for the older kids, but he came home with this:
No, I'm not kidding. Impressive stats, eh? And those skinny legs aren't bad either!
We spent Mother's Day weekend in St. Louis visiting family. We had a great weekend and Samuel really enjoyed playing with his cousins. Here are a couple of pictures of Grandma Mary and cousin Ian.

For me, Mother's Day triggered lots of thoughts of Guatemala and how much different life can be from one year to the next. Last year, Jimmy had been in Guatemala visiting and left either the morning of Mother's Day or the night before. Every time Jimmy would visit and leave, my stomach would hurt- even more so on Mother's Day. Not to mention that PGN was "frozen" or closed for about a month around this time, so we had to fight the feeling of being "stuck". So we went to Hotel Antigua for a brunch/swim with a bunch of other moms and kids. I know, doesn't sound so rough, eh? :) It ended up being a good day- the blessing of my Guate-mama mom friends is something I'll never forget! Thankfully, this Mother's Day, there was no stomach ache... just another milestone for which I praise God!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the time for the 50 ft. dash! That is so funny! He and Luke will have to race on Sunday!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Hi there, I'm so happy you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with your whole family this year :) God bless!! Bethany & Isabelle

Johnsons said...

Way to go Sammy! His first medal! You'll have to save that !

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

So glad you were home this Mother's Day! :)