Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello, June!

So it officially feels like summer! We've had great weather overall and now my teacher friends are finishing work, so we're looking forward to more summer playmates :). This weekend we went to a Royal's game for my Papa's 85th birthday which was fun... even though they lost- badly! We BBQ'd with college friends and then today we hit the nearby water park. Samuel liked the water, but Jimmy was definitely way more excited about the water slides than Samuel.



We also participated in another summer past time- garage sale-ing. We had one a couple of weeks ago, but I spent most of what we made on some toys for Samuel. I scored a Radio Flyer wagon, kitchen set and the favorite, Elmo toolbench seen here :). Samuel loves it. Lucky for us, it plays Elmo singing loudly "Elmo's working at his tool bench and building with his friends..." to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad." It's a good thing Samuel likes it or it might have been regifted really quickly!





A few other tidbits of random info from our house...I was holding out to hopefully teach a class at Longview this summer, but the enrollment was too low, so the class was cut. We're still working on plans to return to Guatemala this fall and it continues to make me exited. Looks like we are going to spend one day at Potter's House ministry (who work with the communities who scavenge at the Guat. City dump) at the end of our trip. It's hard to go there without having a life changing moment.

We go to court in a couple of weeks to get Samuel's name legally changed. Right now, he's still technically Edgar Armstrong... so we'll get the Samuel added to the front of it. It will eliminate the awkward situations at the doctor's office where they call for Edgar and I have a delayed response so it looks like I don't know my kid's name :).

We have fun Father's Day plans- we are headed to the exotic animal farm in Kansas- it's called Hedrick's. The website looks like it's from the early 90's, but I saw them on the local news and it looked like fun, so we're road tripping out there. I'm also running a 1/2 marathon in June with my cousin, Jamie. Our game plan is just to finish. It won't be pretty, but it has gotten me running again which is one thing I really had missed in Guatemala!

That's all from here- have a great week and first week of June!!

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

Yeah, it sounds like you guys are having a blast! I love the tool belt! What a great little helper!

Anonymous said...

I love garage sales - where else can you find things so cheap and great!
Also, I am passing on a blog award to you! Details are here: http://ellisondrive.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/how-lovely/

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Oh my gosh- that tool bench and tool belt are too cute!! You've got a handy man in the making :)

And I didn't know you were a runner, and planning on competing in a half-marathon. That is awesome!! Wishing you lots of strength and endurance!!