Happy New Year!
2008 was one crazy, hard, amazing year. I can't believe it's over. I can't believe we have a son, I can't believe Jimmy and I survived almost eight months of separation and I can't believe I lived in Guatemala for almost eight months!
Someone once made the comment to me that because I'm a Christian, my life has been "boring". I think I felt insecure for a moment, but then I realized that this person and I just had very different definitions of what is "boring" or "exciting". I'm going to be 30 next month (yikes!) and in the 15ish years that I've had a relationship with the Lord, I can say life has never felt boring. 2008 was no exception. I am so thankful that the Lord continues to challenge me to trust Him more and while that challenge can be hard, it is exciting, rewarding and completely satisfying. Can't wait to see what 2009 holds!!
I have to admit that blogging has become a bit of an addiction for me. When I was in Guatemala my younger brother lovingly gave me a hard time about how much I blogged and I promised him that I wouldn't be one of "those people" who blogs about normal life. But here I am... back from Guatemala and back to "normal" life... and still blogging. I love reading other people's blogs. I love Google Reader! I love staying in touch with the amazing people I met in Guatemala and other friends.
For example, we had some great friends in town this weekend- the Duggin's. Jimmy made the comment that we feel like we're up on their life because we read Erin's blog... and it is kind of true! Speaking of Erin- she took a couple of adorable pictures from our Armstrong/Duggin weekend. Check them out on this post. Thanks for coming to visit, Duggins! We love you guys!
All's well here. I start teaching one evening class next week at the community college. I'm really excited to be back in the classroom. We'll see how it goes! Samuel is doing well. We went to the doctor today because I thought he had an ear infection. The ears are good, but the bit of redness on his um, man part, earned him an antibiotic. Guess we'll be scheduling his circumcision pretty soon!
We have been so blessed by the adoption ministry of a nearby church. They helped us financially with the adoption and have an adoption "support group". A group of ladies from the church even made Samuel a quilt when he got home! Anyways- they just got the website up for the ministry- it's called the Adoption Resource Foundation. Check it out and see the cute picture of Samuel that made the site!
I was planning to post a few more pics from the holidays and Billy's wedding, but my laptop is still waiting on a new hard drive, so I haven't gotten to it yet.
Hope 2009 has started well for you all!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are still blogging. We had such a good time. I'm glad that I didn't get Samuel sick while we were there. Oh his poor little man part!
Post a Comment