Thursday, January 22, 2009

17 Months


Can't believe Samuel is 17 months now! A year ago I was consumed with the A+ Review at work and praying that somehow I'd be able to foster in Guatemala. And now here we are.... :)
We spent last weekend in St. Louis visiting Jimmy's family as well as Tiffany. The new fire truck toy is courtesy of Uncle Russ and Aunt Heather- Samuel is loving it! I taught my first night class last week and it went ok. Teaching a 3 hour block is a new challenge, but it felt good to be back in the classroom.
This past week I got asked my first awkward adoption question. I'm sure it's the first of many. Someone asked me jokingly "So who does he look like? I'm not sure!". This person knew Samuel is adopted. I wasn't sure of a good response so I just laughed awkwardly. It's not that it bothers me that Samuel doesn't look like us- I mean, really, no one with our DNA would have those amazing eye lashes or skinny legs! However, it does make me wonder if that is what people are noticing and thinking about when they see us together?
That's all from here- have a great weekend! We are doing a babysitting swap with some friends so we get a date night one night and then watch their little boy the other night!



4 comments:

Lauren Sterling said...

No one is thinking about anything other than how adorable he is and how lucky you guys are! If they are, they're missing out on one incredible little boy! Don't think twice about it!

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

Can you believe he's 17 months? He's getting to the point where he's not a baby anymore, he's such a big, adorable boy! Looking forward to the swap:)!

Pat and Lee Anne said...

I'm sorry, I read Lauren Sterling's comment and I had to comment myself. I think it looks like you got knocked up by the bellman at the Tikal...he looks a little too much like Giovanni. Nice try on the cover up you two. I'm sorry, that's what I was thinking when I first saw Samuel. I was just praying for an opportunity to spill my thoughts. I'm sorry if I have judged you and it's not true. Pat

Pat and Lee Anne said...

By the way, for those who are wondering, I was just joking. Pat