Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Rambling...

Some Samuel pics from last week.... doesn't he look relaxed?



Here's Erick hanging out in our room putting Samuel's maracas to good use. Not only did Erick teach Samuel to eat dirt, he has now taught him to pull on the trashcan. Samuel can now reach it from the walker and thinks it is great. Can't wait to see what Erick will teach Samuel next... :)
I think this was a mid-yawn photo. Doesn't he look like he needs a gold chain to complete the outfit?

The past couple of days have been pretty quiet around here. I've done a bunch of baby food making so I'll be set for my family's visit next week. Samuel has added broccoli and black beans to his diet. I also pureed some chicken for him. It smelled and looked pretty gross, so I haven't had the heart to have him try it yet. Samuel has run a low fever for two days now, so we've hung out in the house a lot just letting him take it easy. He is happy- eating and sleeping well, so I think he may be teething. He's also started getting up earlier- close to 5. I need to make myself go to bed earlier!

Tomorrow we have a baby "football" match that my Brittish roommate has arranged. Her version of football is, of course, what we would call soccer. I don't know if she is actually envisioning a game taking place or just the babies fighting over our baby soccer ball. Regardless of what kind of "game" we have, we are making lunch for a few of the other moms. We try to plan one "event" a week to mix things up. This one should be interesting....

I love being here, but have had some major homesickness the past couple of days. Yesterday it rained and the smell of the rain on the hot pavement smelled like spring at home- it about made me cry! Good thing we have more visitors coming next week. My parents, brother, Billy, and his girlfriend, Blair, will be here for 7 days. I think Jimmy may break down and make another trip to visit at the end of June or early July. He has the month of August off, but I don't know if Samuel and I can make it until August without him here :).
Still no news on our adoption, but we have had several more friends get their second birth mother interviews completed, so we praise God for that! Hope you all had a happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Samuel is just too adorable!!! I'm so happy you're getting more visitors. You're going to have a visitor packed June! :)

Felicia

Judy Baier and Becky Beyer said...

We saw your Mom and Dad this weekend...they are so excited to come and see you! I love reading your blog everyday and we are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog everyday. I haven't been good about responding but I do want you to know that I'm praying for you and Samule to hurry up and get home along with LeAnne and Erick.
I'm glad you're having vists to help you through this time.

Peru won't be the same without you!
Lisa G.

The M. Herndon Family said...

Does he always sleep like that--with his arms out? Super cute!