Here are a few random pics. The first is Samuel at play- we've been practicing "Un besito para el osito de Samuelito" (a kiss for Samuel's bear- sounds much cuter in Spanish!). He looks like he's biting the bear, not kissing, but what can I say? Jenna- thanks for the bear- he loves it.
The second pic is Samuel in the mirror- he loves looking at himself. Should I be concerned? :) It buys me time to get ready.
The last pic is our dessert night yesterday. We went to our friend Kimberly's apartment and had the best version of strawberry shortcake we could put together in Guatemala. It was good stuff. We were proud of ourselves for getting out after dark with the babies. We were home by 7:30, but it was still dark, so it counts. I know you must think we are wimps, but if you saw all the was required to get out, you'd understand. We were meeting Angie after her cooking class, so I had Samuel on me in the carrier and Milo in the stroller. Both my stroller and Lee Anne's were loaded up- babies' dinner, babies' pajamas, our contribution to dessert night, diapers, bottles, etc. We walked the 20ish minutes to Kimberly's with success. Then it started raining when we were planning to come home. We had to leave the strollers and hail a tuk-tuk- 3 moms and 3 babies in one tuk-tuk is a tight squeeze! Anyways- it was all worth it to visit with our friends. We decided it was also a PGN celebration as we've had confirmation that some people's cases have been officially released from PGN. Not many cases- but we will celebrate that something is happening!
7 comments:
Yummy! Those desserts look wonderful. Maybe we could have that instead of birthday cake. :)
YIPEE!!!PGN is moving!!! Praise God! Any movment is good! :)
Thanks for all of your information yesterday. I've contacted the company to get us there. :) See you soon. Enjoy your family!
Felicia
3 moms and 3 babies in ONE tuk-tuk??? Craaazyy...
Samuel's little grin is just so precious! I just want to pinch his cute little cheeks! :)
Talked to your Mom again this morning. She is sooo ready to come see you....everyone is!!! I'm excited for all of you! A cousin of mine just found out yesterday that her co-worker got news that she gets her baby from Guat. She hasn't gotten to live down there, but is coming in 2 wks. (I think) to get the child. Thought I'd share that good news. :)
last blog was from Brenda. Forgot to sign in. :(
Emily-- love reading your blog and all the terrific ways you are spending your time with Samuel. Really try to enjoy every minute...hectic agenda packed life back in the states will come later. I'm so glad some cases have made it through the adoption hoops...glimpses of hope...thank you Jesus!!!
Ally
Em,
I'm at your mom's hanging and this is the first time I've gotten through on the blog! Love the pics and miss you very much. The parentals are sooo pysched to come and see you both. Wish I could be there. Kiss the little guy for me and tell him "auntie" Parker loves him.
Parker
Post a Comment