
I can hear the U2 "It's a Beautiful Day" song playing in my head. Jimmy would be proud. Yesterday was a gorgeous day and we made the most of it. We were out most of the day with Bethany. This is a view of our street- I've posted similar before. It was a "good volcano day" so I snapped another picture.

You'll never guess where this was taken- pretty fountain, ruins, volcano. The next picture gives it away!

As a kid, we used to go to Manhattan, KS for swim meets and I thought their McDonalds with the big fish tanks was impressive! They've got nothing on Antigua's McDonalds :). It has to be the most beautiful McDonalds in the world. Bethany and I stopped in for a drink and enjoyed the garden area.

I also took Bethany to the obligatory lunch at Sky Cafe- probably my favorite place to eat in Antigua (although I haven't tried that many...). After Samuel went to bed, my roommates kept an eye on him so we were able to go out after dark which is a special treat. I think I've done it 3 times now in 10 weeks! We went to La Pena and listened to music for an hour. We were still home by 9 and in bed by 10 :). Bethany left this morning and we were sad to see her go! Bethany- thanks again for your visit and friendship!
No news on the adoption front... we have had several friends have their second birthmother interviews. My roommate, Lisa, who is here short term will be flying home this week. Our case is still sitting at Family Court. I am hoping that cases will start to be released from PGN in the next couple of weeks and our case will be able to enter PGN. Still waiting, praying and trusting the Lord! I read in Psalm 119 yesterday and it says that God's promises bring us comfort admist suffering and that there is much to learn in suffering (verses 50, 71). Somehow the word "suffering" seems a bit dramatic to be applied to what we are facing, but I am still thankful for the Lord's promises and what He is teaching us through this.
Samuel's Grandma Mary and cousin Kate are visiting Jimmy in KC and I am thankful for their visit. I think this waiting business is probably harder on Jimmy than me since I am with Samuel and he is without us both.
Just realized this post has no Samuel pictures... I'll have to work on that for next time. Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
I'm glad you are still having some beautiful days! Dorsey went to McDonalds and took some beautiful pictures. I would have never guessed. Thank you for sharing Scripture verses. They are comforting to me as well. I am still amazed at the peace He has given me through all of this process! Which reminds me of what Jesus said in John 14:27.
Dawn
It is so beautiful there. I can't wait to get there! I really think things will start moving soon. Next year at this time we'll have our boys home! :)
Felicia
Emily, just wanted to add our blessings to you and Samuel and his daddy too. We pray for you unceasingly, but we haven't contacted you at all. Just know that we are both praising and pleading before the throne for all of you. Hale's came to Gateway today and had been with your parents recently. Let me tell you, we are crying "grandparent" tears...they are powerful. God also reminded me that He can actually change people's hearts and I found Exodus14:4 where He hardened Pharoah's heart for His purposes and glory. We believe He can do that and much more...He can also soften hearts of those who stand in the way of truth. We are grateful to know the Father and trust in His plan. We already love Samuel and the other boys. We have an adorable granddaughter that will be in Sunday School with them! Yeah! We long for that day. With love and ongoing prayer for His perfect will. KC and Joann
I love all the pictures of your surroundings. God certainly has Samuel, you and Jimmy in the palm of His hand. He will never leave you or forsake you. He has a plan greater than any of us can imagine, someday we will all see how He has moved in this situation.
Love,
Samuel's Grandma Mary
Post a Comment