Thursday, May 29, 2008

2 Good Days

This week has been pretty calm and "routine" for us- as "routine" as it can get living here! Wednesday Samuel and I hit the pool. We haven't done that in a few weeks due to rain or cool weather, but yesterday was great. We were there a couple of hours by ourselves- Samuel slept the first hour so I got to enjoy the sun and a book. Then we had a few friends arrive. The past two weeks I've been really blessed by getting to know two new friends, Kim and Melissa, and their precious little girls. They have both been here over a year waiting the adoption process. Their faith and stories are encouraging and they are just a lot of fun! The pics below are of us at the swings at the pool. I know I cut Samuel's head off in this picture- what can I say? It's hard to take pics and make sure he doesn't fall off. I haven't mastered that yet!

On the walk home from the pool....

Today I had the babysitter for two hours so I got to hit the gym. I look forward to watching mindless TV while on the treadmill. I was disappointed because they had on ESPN2 with fly fishing... honestly, who watches that? It was a rainy day so we hung out at home and then took a late afternoon stroll to run some errands and stopped by our friends Kim and Beth's place. There's a picture of Erick below exploring their patio. There's no water in that fountain, I promise. Tonight we even ventured out with Lee Anne and Erick to the worship night at a local coffee house. The boys didn't make it through the whole service, but it's always a treat to go out after dark. We had them in PJs and they were both asleep before we got home.

We have heard rumblings of good news in the adoption world. Nothing is confirmed, so I hate to say much, but we think some cases were released from PGN today. This would be good news and would mean those released are done with the Guatemalan part of the adoption process. After PGN comes about 4-6 weeks of final steps with the US embassy. We aren't in PGN yet, but just knowing the process may be moving again gives us hope! We also found out that our case is still sitting at the Family Court, but that the social worker report is done and waiting to be picked up. Our lawyer has been waiting to see what happens with the drama at PGN before she submits our case. While I'm frustrated with all of the waiting, I am thankful that there are no issues with our case in Family Court. I am also hoping that some of the issues/drama in PGN will subside before our case is there.

That's all the news from here. Tomorrow is Friday- the week has gone quickly and my family will be here so soon. We can't wait!

5 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Who watches fly fishing? Let's see.... Goodness! I can't think of a single person. Must have been exciting. Did it help you walk better? If so, I'll go get a fly fishing DVD for myself! I'm so glad you have had a day at the pool. Sounds like your new friends are wonderful. I'm hopeful for the PGN release but haven't heard anything for sure either. I've been praying and praying! So happy that your family will be down shortly. :)
Felicia

Russell T. Nolting said...

Hi Emily. We are praying for you in St. Louis. Sounds like things are going well. Russ

Charla said...

Emily,

We are praying for and all the families there. I really enjoy your posts and I love seeing the pictures. Reading your posts made me think about how good God is and how he continually cares for us when we call to him.

We miss you at Gateway and can't wait for you and LeeAnne to bring those sweet little babies home.

Charla Sallee

Kyle said...

Emy and Samuel,
We are packing!!! Yipee!!
Love you both!
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank God cases are moving. I hear 100 cases moved from the PGN today. God has the perfect timing. It is amazing how going out after dark our watching mindless tv can be such a treat, any Mom could relate. Samuel is precious in all the pictures. Give him a hug and kiss from Granda Mary.