I love snow days! I know that some of my colleagues just hate them, but I confess that I am worse than the students. I check the weather avidly and love the anticipation of snow and the early morning phone call when school is called off! Today was no exception. I was in the shower and the phone rang. Getting to go back to bed on a snow day has to be one of my favorite things! The snow day meant some time to work on Samuel's room. I decided to post a couple of pictures now that the painting is about done. I am pretty proud of my stripes- not as creative as some of my mural painting friends :), but I am pleased. Still no crib or anything on the wall, but we have time.
Apparently we may have more time than we'd like.... there continues to be "drama" in the Guatemalan government as the country transitions from the outgoing president to the new one. I keep praying and believing that things will calm down and smooth out soon! Last week I put in for "maternity leave" for this spring and for a one year leave of absence/sabbatical for next year. I love my school, my job and my colleagues, but I am certain that this is the right thing to do for our little family at this time. We are still planning that I will go to Guatemala sometime this spring, but are not sure of the departure date yet. We would appreciate your prayers for wisdom as we make plans and for progress with our case.
One more note about Samuel's room... one of the latest additions to Samuel's room is the beautiful quilt made by one of my former students, Miss Alissa Rasmussen. She is one talented young lady and we love the quilt!
2 comments:
Love the stripes and colors! Also love the quilt. I enjoyed the snow day too! I'm feeling a little guilty for it, but oh, well! :)
Emy,
You are your father's daughter! It looks fabulous!! The only thing that would make it better is to have little Samuel in the room!!
Love you tons,
Mom
I love the quilt!
Post a Comment