Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Departure Day for Emily!

Last night we received some very good news! There is now an opening at Casa Bella (You can see pictures of the house at http://www.casabella112.com/), which is the place I've been hoping to live in Guatemala. Through the last few months, God's provision has continued to amaze me. The past week I've been having trouble focusing on much besides "When will I leave?" The Lord has gently reminded me that He gives peace in uncertainty and that His provision is perfect. I've been trying to trust that whether I go to Guatemala in March or May, it will be good. When I received the news that one of the women living in Casa Bella will be flying home on March 14th, I cried! God has such a sense of humor - that is the last day of work before our spring break. It could not be more perfect timing! The Lord's provision gives us peace and confidence as we continue this adoption journey.

Jimmy and I have prayed about the timing and sought advice from people wiser than us :). After lengthy discussions, we have decided that I will fly to Guatemala the week of March 17. My mom has agreed to go with me and help get Samuel and me settled. She will stay about a week. We are hoping Jimmy will be able to come visit in late May. We also found out this week that he is eligible for a month paid sabbatical from his job. Cerner offers this sabbatical to employees after 7 years of service (which Jimmy will complete as of July). We originally thought he wouldn't be eligible for the sabbatical until 2009, but found out this week he can apply for the sabbatical this year. He has applied to take his leave for the month of August. This still needs to be confirmed, but we are very hopeful that he will spend the month in Guatemala. Yet another example of the Lord's provision! We are sad that me being with Samuel means being apart from each other, but excited for the opportunity to be with our son soon.

With all of this said, my departure day will be in about 3 weeks- no flight is booked yet, but hopefully will be by tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mrs. Nicole Gilbert said...

This is great news! Let us know if there's anything at all we can do to help you get ready for your trip!
Love, The Gilberts

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I am so happy for you! God is definitely at work here! Isn't it wonderful that He takes such good care of us! Your entire family will be together soon in the USA! I just know it!

Felicia