I'd like to say I talked to Samuel today, but that would be a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure I heard him coo and breathe through the phone though. I visited with his foster mom today and she put him on the phone so I could talk to him. It was the best one sided conversation I've ever had! His foster mom says he's doing well- gaining weight, happy and healthy. Apparently he's grown out of his 3-6 month clothes. We made a "build a bear" for Samuel before our Christmas. If you hit the bear's hand, a recording of our voices plays. It was Jimmy's idea and I thought it was cheesy, but the foster mom told me that she plays it for Samuel daily and he always smiles. So now I have to admit that Jimmy's idea was a good one :). I also found out that his amigo, Yeyson (another foster baby who was in the same foster home), was removed from the foster home because he did not have adoptive parents. The foster mom said he went back to his birth mom. Apparently Samuel wouldn't eat for a day or so after Yeyson left because he was missing his little amigo. The whole situation just makes my heart hurt.
No real updates with our case- just patiently (or not so patiently some days) awaiting the next steps to take place. We are still discussing the date when I will go down to Guatemala. I'm hoping for late March/early April.
It's yet another snow day for Blue Springs School District so I'm at home staying out of the cold. I am ready for the 70+ degree weather in Guatemala! That's all the news from here- enjoy another pictures of two of my favorite guys!
2 comments:
I'm so happy you "talked" with Samuel today! What better way to spend your snow day! We've been hanging out in our jammies all day and being lazy! Feels kind of good! BUT I'm with you... I'm ready for 70 degree temps! I'd like to be in Guatemala when I experience those! :)
Felicia
Post a Comment