Thursday, December 27, 2007

Jimmy's First Post












This is Jimmy...


Well we decided not to go to the doctor. We spoke with several people and basically decided his flat head will most likely correct itself. We spoke with our adoption dirctor and she is going to make sure he is being held more and not fed with a bottle propped up in his crib. She comes down and checks on the children being fostered frequently and this is something she checks. Apparently the Guatemalans typically just swaddle them and probably let them lay down more than Americans do. I was happy to hear heads continue to mold until approx 3 years old ...so there is nothing to worry about...apparently I am being an overprotective parent.


We are venturing out a little more. We went to the pool yesterday. Samuel was not a big fan - he quickly started shivering when we put his legs in the baby pool. So I swam and Mommy and Samuel hung out. Samuel slept like a champ last night - something like 7 hours...so that was very nice. We are also excited to report that I bought some way too expensive sissors at a hair saloon in the mall and we cut his wanna be mullet/rat tail. It isn't the best hair cut but it looks much better to me. I can't wait to take him to the good ole boys at the Duncan and 7 barber shop.

Today we went to the upscale mall - and it is by far much nicer. Emily has quite the maternal protective bent. It is true we stick out quite a bit, but the Guatemalans in general are very nice and don't seem to be judgemental or rude about adoption - which is the sense you could get by reading all the negative stories about Americans adopting in Guatemala in the news lately.


Samuel also seems to be alergic to something in the hotel...we haven't figured out what it is yet. He sneezes and his right eye gets goopy. So we got some eye drops at the pharmacy and we hope that helps.

We are still debating if we are going to Antigua...to see where Emily might come and take care of Samuel. We really don't want to give Samuel up - he is so sweet and fun to be around. I might just go so I can check it out so I can have more peace of mind about where Emily might go. There is a bell man who taxis people on the side and can take me to Antigua to show me around - he grew up in Orange County, California and speaks great english - so that is a blessing. Here is where Emily is thinking of staying:
http://www.casabella112.com/


Most of the pictures above are in our room, but the second from the bottom is in Chillis for lunch today - Emily was soo excited to have found a Chillis. The last one is at our hotel pool...we hopefully will go back today and maybe Emily can layout since it is 70 and sunny here.

Anways - enough for me. Thanks for everyone's kind words and support!






5 comments:

Kyle said...

Jimmy, I so enjoyed your "post"! I laughed outloud about the haircut and Samuel's future cuts at the Duncan and 7 barbers! I can see little Sam now in the barber's chair! Sam is just precious! I am glad to know that Sam's little head does not appear to be a significant issue. We will just hold him non-stop once he is home! Love to all of you, Mom

Kyle said...

Jim, Em and Samuel,
Sending hugs and kisses your way!
Love you tons,
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Jimmy & Em, you look like naturals! And sweet Sam is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for keeping us in the circle. We love you and hope you can get enough hugs and kisses on that baby to last just a little bit longer! Denise

Anonymous said...

The cutest baby in Guatemala - ok maybe I am a little prejudice

Love you guys -Dad

Peggy said...

Great pictures! Sam has the sweetest smile! He looks so happy (so do the both of you)! I agree with Grandma Kyle, we will just have to hold Sam all the time.

Love,
Aunt Peggy