Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last Day :(










Today is our last day here as we will fly home tomorrow. Samuel will be with us overnight and then his foster mom will pick him up at 9 AM tomorrow. We got to talk to the foster mom again today (she was in the hotel with one of her other foster babies visiting another potential family). She is very kind- she was so excited to see Samuel. She said the house was sad without him. She also gave us some pictures of Samuel in her house and of him as a tiny baby.

Today Samuel and I hung out while Jimmy went to Antigua to check things out. We have a great tour guide contact for any of our adopting friends who will be in country. The last two pictures are from this morning... Jimmy doesn't know I'm posting the one of him sleeping :). I just thought it was cute!
We are so sad to have to give up Samuel tomorrow, but I know the next time we see him, he'll be ours permanently! That's all from here- Happy New Year!




3 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Emily & Jimmy:
I feel for you and continue to pray that Samuel will be home very soon! It sounds like he's in good hands and well loved in Guatemala. Take some comfort in that. I really feel like we're going to have our little guys home soon and will not stop praying about it until it happens! :)

Felicia

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet picture of the "guys sleeing"!!
Dad and I are thinking and praying for you three as you and Jim prepare to fly home. We know this will be very hard.
Be safe...please call when you land in KC.
We love you,
Dad and Mom
XO XO to Samuel

Anonymous said...

Emily and Jimmy,
I just now learned of the website as I'm a dork and left the sheet at school. Anyway, I am sooo excited for you all bring him home. I love all the smiles, he is sooooo precious!!! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks. Also, Abbi loves her men, so Samuel better look out! Love you all and we will continue to pray for him to come home soon!!!!
Love,
Janelle