I said before that I started blogging again to share our fostering experience, to help me process and to hopefully demystify or take some of the "scary" out of foster parenting for those who might be considering it. We are four months in to this placement and I find that there are things I want to share that I probably shouldn't in this very public forum. I have written drafts of posts a couple of times and then my hubby says "You can't publish that!" I have followed the rules about not posting pictures or not sharing specifics about her case. However, I'm finding that four months in to this placement, there are things I'd love to share about what I'm learning and how things are going in our home, but can't out of respect to her and her family. Anyways, I am going to continue writing, but going to make the blog private. I hope to eventually give her excerpts of what I've written as an encouragement to her- a record of this incredibly challenging time in her life. If you want to follow along, let me know and I'll add you to the reader list. I know that means you'd actually have to go to the blog and not just look at it in Reader. No pressure, because quite honestly, I probably wouldn't have the time (or remember!) to do that! I will probably resurface to the public blog world when we know more about the case or when we are done with this placement.
Thanks, all!
P.S. Thanks for all of the fun postcards that keep coming in- we have NY, California, Colorado, New Jersey, Illinois, South Dakota, Louisiana and probably some others I'm forgetting. On our way to the lake this week, Samuel kept asking me what city and state we were in... he is still a little fuzzy on the difference between city, state and country, but this project has him thinking! Thanks again!
No comments:
Post a Comment