I even went to a chiropractor for accupuncture. Needles and I are not friends. I have a lot of really embarrassing stories relating to passing out because of needles or pain- getting my ears pierced, a failed attempt at getting my belly button pierced in college and in my stint as a Kanakuk counselor (accompanied a camper to the ER- she got an IV, I hit the floor!). Since becoming a mom, I've toughened up some, but I'm still wimpy. So when I started feeling woozy from the accupuncture (and probably from her having me on my back for 20 minutes), I was ready to be done. Baby Boy was certainly more active after that, but still no labor!
In the meantime, I have enjoyed the week with Samuel. I had already planned for my subs to take over teaching this past Monday. It was a good transition point and I was anxious about having to call them last minute and risk canceling class, so I have been off this week. I feel guilty burning leave, but it has been nice to rest and enjoy the time with Samuel and Jimmy. Besides, I've done lots of important things like fix my blog background and shampoo the carpet!
Tomorrow I see the doctor again for a sonogram and non-stress test. I'm excited to at least "see" the baby on the sonogram! If all's well, the doctor plans to schedule induction for early next week. That's right, 10ish days after my due date. I'm still praying to go into labor on my own before then, but we shall see. I know that if God can get me through eight months in Guatemala, He can get me through ten days overdue and the delivery!
My other form of coping has been shopping. I am not typically a shopper. I don't enjoy it and neither does my husband (remember, he's in the Dave Ramsey fan club). I heard about Amazon Mom- you guys know about this? If you sign up (free) then you get three free months of Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping on any order amount). Then, any "qualifying baby purchases" extend your Amazon Prime membership for up to a year. They also have a diaper deal where you get 30% off (mainly Pampers brand) if you sign up for a recurring order. I should be on their marketing team. Anyways- I've done some Amazon shopping. One purchase was this Moby wrap which I convinced myself I needed. We broke it out to practice wrapping and Samuel and Jimmy modeled it. Here's Samuel with his "baby bug" (a baby toy I got out a few weeks ago and he's been carrying around like a baby since then)....

Hopefully next post will be some exciting news about the 4th member of the Armstrong family...
4 comments:
Hang in there friend! I have to check out this amazon mommy thing! Can't wait to hear about the new little guy!
I have a Moby & I LOVE it! I'm using it right now, actually! It's great for fussy times. I call it my 2 extra hands. :)
Can't wait to hear that the baby's here. I'll be praying for you!
Love Samuel in the Moby! How many times did you wrap it around him? Anxiously awaiting news :)
Samuel looks ready to help! So cute!
Post a Comment