
Andy Armstrong made his arrival on Tuesday, February 15, weighing 9 pounds, 9 ounces! I had gone in to the hospital the night before for some medicine to help my cervix efface. I was scheduled to be induced the morning of the 15th. The medicine, which was supposed to have "mild cramps" as a side effect, put me into labor Monday night. By the early morning hours all visions of trying to avoid an epidural had gone out the window! I took the epidural (amazing!) and we got a bit of rest.
Andy's heart rate had fluctuated somethrough the night, but would regulate with me taking extra oxygen and when the nurse had me roll to one side or the other. However, Tuesday morning his heart rate took a couple of nose dives and didn't come up very quickly. We had a brief, scary moment involving nurses running in and the doctor being called in quickly. I remember feeling relatively calm and having verses from Joshua 1 flitter through my mind (do not be terrified, be strong and courageous!). I also remember not really caring that all of the nurses and doctor were seeing my bare backside hanging out of the hospital gown (they had me on my hands and knees on the bed- no small feat considering I couldn't use my legs at this point!). The doctor made the call to do a C-section and within ten minutes I was in the operating room. Jimmy and my mom both got to be in surgery with me. Andy was out in no time and healthy!
We are adjusting well to life as a family of four. I'm sleep deprived, but I think that is unavoidable with a newborn. Samuel is a doting big brother who is anxious to play with Andy. He's been acting out some with me and Jimmy, but we're not sure if that is related to the baby or just being stuck inside a lot and being 3! We believe that both our adoption journey with Samuel and the pregnancy with Andy are miracles and huge blessings from the Lord. We are grateful for the meals, visits and gifts that keep showing up at our house! Much love to all for the support!
7 comments:
can't wait to talk to you! - sorry I haven't called you back - we had something going on every night last week! This week looks better and I'll hit you up! Lots of love!!!
He's beautiful. Congratulations!
Yay! He is so cute! We are really happy for all of you!
Adorable!
Beautiful family! Love you guys!
Huge Congrats!!! Glad you are all well!!
congratulations Emily, he's beautiful!Hope the family is doing well!
Post a Comment