Can't believe it's December 12th! My teaching semester, the pregnancy and the holidays are all flying by!! This is finals week for me so I just have to show up, test, grade and then submit grades. Yay! I'm looking forward to the break, however I do have to do this huge "reflective portfolio" as part of my evaluation. I'm not really in the mood to reflect- I have house projects to do and a baby name to pick out!
Our past few weekends have been full, but of fun things. We checked out the Christmas lights at Longview Lake- Samuel loved it! He is impressed with ANY lights, so this display pretty much overstimulated him. Yesterday some of my sweet friends had a brunch/shower for me at a fun place near Westport- Room 39. Despite being freezing cold, I had a great time!! Mom and I spent today making chocolate peanut butter balls. We've been doing them together for years- they were my Gramma B's specialty and we started making them with her before she passed away.
Last weekend we took an 8 hour birthing class. It was sort of like birthing boot camp. I had to stop Jimmy from playing with the foreceps. I can't say the class "scared" me any more about giving birth than I already was! I think I'm just as worried that I will say something awful to Jimmy in the process. The bizarre part of the class was that I was one of the older moms in the room and also because we were the only non-first time parents in the room. I had the same experience at breastfeeding class this week. At this class, the teacher asked who had adopted or step-kids at home. When I raised my hand, she said "You won't be able to use some of my advice such as 'Sleep when the baby sleeps.' You're just going to be really tired." Thanks for the pep talk, lady!
Samuel has been talking up a storm lately. Two classic quotes...
"Jesus loves tooters" and "I can share my name with baby brother" (poor kid is sick of hearing us discuss baby names!).
The rest of the proofs from Samuel's 3 year pictures are up here... I think they are pretty stinking cute!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, "Jesus loves tooters" made me laugh out loud!! Thank goodness you wrote that one down so you can tell him about it when he is 18. :)
Don't worry about saying awful things to Jimmy during labor! He won't care after it's all over with & will still love you! :)
That is so sweet and funny about Sammy being willing to share his name! haha! i also LOVED the pictures that Jessica did! My favorite is the one of Sammy by your adorable baby bump! You look so GOOD!
Post a Comment