So we canceled our landline last week because "we never use it." Then, last night Samuel dunked my cell phone in water so now it only halfway works. Today I was at home with three boys and I needed to make a work related phone call. I could call on my phone, but it beeps every 5-10 seconds, which hardly seems professional, so I packed all three boys in the car and headed to my parents to use their phone. A safe outing, right? As I made my phone call, I heard one boy playing the piano and the other two seemed occupied with my parents' dog. I kept my conversation brief and ducked back in the living room just as my son ran around throwing what looked like flour into the air. Nope, not flour. He and the 3 year old had figured out how to open the door on my parents' fireplace insert and had thrown ashes around the room. Lovely. So I quickly vacuumed, cleaned up as the chaos continued. Then we packed back into the car, grabbed Chik-fil-a and headed to the park. This was my second park attempt of the week and this one was much more successful- we stayed a whole hour. The child with some tantrum/running issues was at my side and I was smart enough to contain him in the stroller while we ate lunch. Phew!
So we are surviving and learning a lot. We are not sure how long we'll have the boys, but probably no more than a week more. I have just ONE final left to give and then will be done teaching for the semester. I'm looking forward to the weekend and celebrating Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Oh, the phone story cracks me up. Isn't it funny how things like that always happen?! Happy Mother's Day, Emily!!!
Post a Comment