Sunday, May 30, 2010

Guatemala in the news

Guatemala doesn't make the news a lot... especially not the KC Star, but HERE is a link to a recent article. Volcan Pacaya has erupted and the ash has the airport closed. Pacaya is the volcano I hiked when I was in Guatemala in 2008 (and the one some of our mission team members hiked last fall!), which makes the news story closer to home.

Another adoptive mom friend, Katie Mohr, is currently in Guatemala leading a mission trip and their trip home has been delayed. She posted some interesting pics on her blog of the ash.

In other news... we are having fun with our little foster baby. She is precious and even the night time feedings aren't too bad. Children's Division gives clothing vouchers for the children. I took that voucher and did some serious shopping this weekend. Jimmy asked if I bought anything that didn't have pink in it :)!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: