OK, after reading Katie's post, I decided to post a few highly recommended blogs for anyone who is interested. Since I started using Google Reader while in Guatemala, I have a list of blogs that I read pretty consistently... I love staying in touch with people and being challenged and encouraged by others' stories! So anyways- here are three that you should check out!
1) Chasing Cheerios- I think a lot of moms of toddlers have seen this blog, but I mentioned it to a couple people lately who hadn't. Someone sent me her link awhile ago- she posts tons of great activities for little ones. Her daughter is older than Samuel, so I go back in the archives to get age appropriate ideas. Love it!
2) Kevin in Peru - In June of 2007 I went to Peru on a mission trip with my church. The younger brother of my good friend was on the trip. It's a long story, but Kevin got connected with a Peruvian orphanage and has volunteered down there during summer/winter breaks from college. He recently graduated from MU and has moved to Peru for at least a year, if not longer, to work at an orphanage. Talk about taking steps of faith and action!
3) Adopt More - In Guatemala I met Kimberly and Aeson (they came to visit in April!). Kimberly is now in the process of adopting her second little one from Ethiopia and has started Adopt More. She is truly a passionate advocate for adoption (and life in general) and I'm still secretly hoping to recruit her to move to KC!!
1 comment:
Thanks, Em! Just give me 12 months...!
Post a Comment