Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Just a few pics from the past weekend... we spent Saturday with Jimmy's family and Sunday with my family. It was a busy weekend, but a lot of fun. Samuel got the hang of the egg hunt quickly!
Last Friday we attempted dying eggs with Lee Anne and Erick. I think Lee Anne, Jimmy and I decorated 95% of the eggs, but it was a good attempt for the boys. I decked them out in old t-shirts which is why they look like they're wearing dresses :).

This is the post egg-dying dance party in Samuel's room!





Lately I have been reading Psalm 40 over and over. Just love the picture of God's redemption for me- that He lifts us up, sets our feet on a firm place and puts a new song in our mouth. It has been an especially meaningful reminder in light of what we are celebrating this Easter season. Jimmy would say that I'm stuck in Psalm 40 because it is also the lyrics to a U2 song. He is a passionate U2 fan and is so excited because he got tickets to see them this fall!

6 comments:

erin said...

Samuel is so dang cute. I can't wait to go to U2 with you! I'm looking at hotels as we speak!

nathanartz said...

It is clear you are stuck in Psalm 40 because of U2, which you better be going to and not sending a sub, I need to see you.
Samuel is too cute, as usual!

dawn said...

Samuel is so adorable. Seeing him walk makes him look so much older. Looking forward to getting together this Friday!
Dawn

Kimberly said...

It was awesome hanging with you today! Thanks for dinner! So, the pictures of Samuel and Erick dancing in Sammy's room take on a new meaning after seeing it in person!

Oh, and did Samuel's Easter basket have a head? Was he wearing jeans? He is a little hipster!

Beth said...

thanks emily..going to look up Psalm 40 right now. I love the Psalms...always takes you back to God's greatness & worship.

Johnsons said...

Samuel looked so cute all dressed up for Easter!