After days of spring weather, the end of last week the temps dropped and we had five-ish inches of snow on Saturday, that almost all melted the next day (I know, I live in Missouri, this is just how it is!).
Two weekends ago we had 14 students stay at our house for the weekend. It was definitely cozy! They were here as part of a student retreat with our church. College students were here as their leaders- we just hosted. It was fun to get to know the girls and help out. Samuel loved the attention. I have decided that I am officially getting older as it is harder to function on less sleep!

Samuel is now 19 months! He continues to be a lot of fun. Recent obsessions include cars and Elmo. Elmo is the only acceptable object that can stay in the crib with him. Yes, you heard it, the CRIB. He is napping and sleeping at night in his crib. No more sleep drives in the car for naptime! We've been home almost five months and we finally have conquered the sleeping issue (for the moment!!).
I've also fine tuned some of my mom skills lately including being able to shower in less time than it takes Samuel to eat a box of raisins (important skill in order to avoid closet shelves being emptied) and the ability to contort my arm in weird positions to hand food, toys, etc. over to the backseat while driving. Who knew these would be important skills?
And with respect to the actual basketball tournament- I'm killing my husband in our bracket :)!
Here are a couple of pictures of my latest adventure with Erick and Samuel. We went to feed the elk and buffalo at the state park by our house. They wouldn't come up to the fence as usual, but Samuel and Erick were persistent.


2 comments:
I really like the face tatoo! Thanks for hosting the girls at your house. Chloe was talking to us the other day about how she had a lot of fun.
The huge carrot crakes me up! LOL
Post a Comment