I have my bags packed. It still just doesn't seem real. If I seem unemotional, it is because I am. Not sure when the reality will set in?We've been blessed with great weather this week which is nice. It makes me look around and think about the things I'll miss- like the bright colors, the market (and amazing produce), the good friends I've made here, having breakfast with Lee Anne and Erick daily (we're coming over when you get back!), the bus "callers" who stand outside of the bus and yell the destination to advertise "Guate, Guate Guate!", central park in the morning and the pretty landscape.
Don't get me wrong, I am also stinking excited not to inhale exhaust every time I leave the house (no emission controls here) and for my feet to recover from their current nasty condition due to so much walking on cobblestone. I'm also going to go to Price Chopper and Target and just stroll around- not bumping into people in tiny aisles and buy enough for a month at once instead of having to go daily like we do here! I am also a bit weary of being stared at. It will be nice not to stick out so much at home.
Today we head to the city to stay our last night. Jimmy flies in this afternoon. I am going to shop for a pair of shoes besides sandals, which is all I have left. I hear it is cold at home! We're also having dinner with Kammie, a friend of some friends at home who teaches in the city.
Couple of other things- we're having an open house on Sunday, November 16 at our house. Jimmy sent out a mass email, but if you didn't get the info, let us know and stop by. No gifts- just come by to say HI, meet Samuelito and eat!
One last request... this officially makes me a blogging dork. We have this Google Analytics thing that lets us keep track of how many people visit the blog and where they are. It has been fun to see all of the hits from so many places. Sometimes I see a bunch of hits from a state and think "Who do we know there?" or "What is their connection to us?". I'd love to find out- so drop us a comment and let us know your story or how you found us. :) I'll blog some in the next couple of weeks to share how Samuel does at home and then I think my blogging days will be over. I may use it to post some pictures or updates once in awhile as I know that it's a way to keep in touch with some of the other moms I met down here.
Speaking of which... do any of you other bloggers know if you can print out your blog? I'd love to print mine out as a record of this adventure for Samuel, but wondered if there is an easy way to do it? OK- time for breakfast and to shove a few more items in the suitcases! Happy Thursday!
29 comments:
Don't be surprised if you don't sleep at all tonight! I sure didn't. I would love if you kept up your blog but I understand!
I am from WI and I came across your blog when I googled adoption. We are considering adoption and I am inspired by your story- I am so excited for you and am happy that you are finally going home!!! Good luck and have a safe trip!!
I new Jimmy back when he was in high school and through Central's youth ministry. I also know the Mohrs! We moved to Alabama in February.
I was so excited when Russ and Katie brought home Eliot and am equally excited to see God answer your prayers to bring Samuel home!
Maybe one day I'll be in KC and be able to Samuel in person!
It gave me goosebumps to see the one! I will have armstrongfamily adventure blog withdrawal after today!!! Praying for a smooth ride home!
Oh, darling, I am just so excited for you!!!! I wish I could be there to welcome you home, but we WILL find a way to make it to KC in spite of all the weddings and holidays and fun, busy, stuff that makes life worth it! I can't wait to pinch Samuel's cheeks again. :) And to give you a HUGE hug and just enjoy your family all together at HOME!!!
God is so good...
By the way, I'm your college friend from Truman and I moved over to Germany to do missions. :) Thought you should have at least one cheeky post about that.
Love you! Bethany Millar
I knew Jimmy in Highschool and am married to Philip Whitley, Jon's brother. I got to your blog through Erin Duggin's blog. I've enjoyed reading about your journey. Philip and I have prayed for you all. We are excited you are getting to come home!
Allison Whitley
Tell Kammie I said hi! Have a great flight home, see you guys soon.
Amie
I am so happy for you all!!!! I'll be praying for safe uneventful travels...enjoy the last day!!!!
Yea it is finally here! One more night in the city! We probably won't see you till next week, but we look forward to meeting Samuel and welcoming you back home. Tell Kammie hi for me too!
Thanks
Nicole
I have heard of the blog scrapbook, I don't know the website or anything, but I've heard that you can order your blog in a book. I'll let you know if I find more details.
Wow, I can't believe you're going to be in KC TOMORROW!!!! Yeah!
Hi! I've been lurking at your blog via Deanna's blog. Samuel is so adorable. Congratulations on coming home!
I'm from Houston, Tx and I went to school (SBU) with your Cousin Jenn Beyer! While I was in school, I had the opportunity to visit Guatemalan Orphanages and FELL IN LOVE!
I have enjoyed reading your story and I wish I could be there to greet you at the airport!!!
Love,
Mimi Marquez
Enjoy your last day!!! And there are so many ways to have your blog made into a book. Google it and if I can find some of the sites that others have recommended to me I will email ya!
Hi, I am a friend of Beth from IN. I think we met when we picked up our son, Josiah, at the end of april. We stayed with beth over a weekend. I remember meeting several you ladies that were fostering. I'm really happy to see that you all are almost finished with the process and are able to go home to your families. I can't imagine the strength and courage that it takes to stay there away from family (not to mention the uncertainty of the whole process!). God is certainly faithful! And I know from beth that it is hard but wouldn't trade it for anything.
-Amy Miller
Can't wait can't wait can't wait! See you soon. Love you!
Hi Emily! Congrats on your last day! I have goosebumps thinking about how excited you must be so i can't imagine what's going on in your head today!
Just wanted to share... Blurb.com will "slurp" your blog into a book and it's super easy! I'm working on mine right now... let me know if you have any questions about it and I will try to answer them!
Yeah! I am so excited to see you guys TOMORROW!!!!!!
EHHHHHHHHEHHHEHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
-Blair
Yay! I'm so glad you get to come home tomorrow! I hope you all have a safe trip.
My friend Alison, her older sister who's a mom keeps a blog to keep in touch with her family. She actually had her blog somehow made into a book so she can keep it. I can ask her how she got that done if you want me to...? Just let me know.
Brandi
I have never met you nor Jimmy but I love reading your posts! I work with Brenda Hewins and she has got me hooked to your blogs. I am very happy and excited that you and Samuel get to finally come home! I will miss your blogs, but like Katie said, we understand! Have a safe trip home, God Bless!
I'm so excited.... I can just imagine how you feel!!! :) You will be pinching your self on the airplane to make sure you're not dreaming!
Felicia
I came across your blog from the Huff's House blog. We adopted our youngest daughter from Guatemala 2 years ago (we came home on 11/9 - so close to your day!). Our friend, Dixie, sent us the Huff's blog to read and watch. I became hooked on yours to see pictures of Guatemala and see what your progress was. We're also friends of the Massey's, so I enjoyed that connection, too.
Have a great trip!
Julie Bover - Independence
Hi! I don't recall how I came across your blog... probably from someone's link. We brought our little guy home from Guatemala in August of last year and I have been anxiously following the stories of people in progress, hoping they get their babies home soon. I'm so happy that it's finally happening for you!! Have a safe journey HOME!!
Camino
Hi! I am from AR and am a college friend of "Kammie the teacher." I ran across your blog from her friend's reference to you and your Guatemalan adoption story. Growing up my family kept foster babies and my dad did yearly mission trips to Guatemala for several years, so your wonderful story intrigued me for a couple of good reasons. :-) I have loved reading your story and am so excited for you guys!
I knew Jimmy in high school. We went to the same church and youth group, Central Pres. I think I actually met you at Philip and Allison Whitley's wedding?? Or maybe Shane and Erin Duggin's? One of the two. Anyway I was so excited to hear about this adventure you two were on. Samuel is precious! My husband Garrett and I have been praying for you three. Have a safe trip back to KC.
Buen viaje, Armstrongs. So glad you three will be home. julie scott
Jimmy & Emy,
What a journey!!!!We can't wait to meet Samuel on Friday. Like everyone else, we will miss your blog. It's a story that needs to be saved for Samuel.
Love,
Uncle Lee & Aunt Peggy
Wow I can't believe you and Samuel are coming home tmro!!!!!! I can't believe it! What a blessing you guys are to so many people out there! I am getting goose bumps just reading about all the people who are following your story! God is so cool how he pulls all those little strings together to tie one big knot! I can't wait to c u over Thanksgiving break!!!!!
I came to your blog through Felicia. I teach Keegan and have been following her journey with Otoniel. What blessings these babies are!
I was telling my husband about your blog and he said your name was familiar and apparently you and he take some classes through the cohort together. It is such a small world!
Congratulations on bringing little Samuel home! Now a whole new journey begins!
Tara Diehl
congratulations on heading home!!! it's been exciting seeing your progress recently, and i'm thrilled to see another family home. i came across your blog via the mohrs and came across theirs via sharon freeman, who was with the same agency we were with. we're from michigan and i fostered from oct 06 through march 07. i always enjoyed seeing your antigua pics, as i miss living there nearly every day. blessings to you and your family as you head home!
cathy in michigan
Post a Comment