The embassy appointment went well today. We are approved for an IR-3 visa. This means that as soon as Samuel's in the U.S., he is automatically a U.S. citizen! Tomorrow afternoon I go back to the embassy to pick up Samuel's passport with the visa. I also got my ticket straightened out today (which took an hour standing at the Delta counter in the airport!). I feel like I've been holding my breath in case of another issue, but now I can exhale!
I could fly home on Wednesday, but Jimmy is coming down one more time. I keep saying "it's Jimmy's last trip". This time, it really is! I was going to fly home alone, but due to the insistence of our parents :), he's coming down. It will be more fun and relaxing with him traveling with us. We get in Friday evening and if you want to come to the airport, just e-mail me and I can give you our info. No pressure- I know it is a Friday night :). We'll be making the rounds to see everyone as soon as we're settled in!
I received a really sweet book, You are my I love you, as a gift from my co-worker, Renee, and all of our office aids right before I came to Guatemala. I feel like some of the lines are just so fitting for this experience. Forgive me the sappiness, but here are a few of my favorite lines that seem oh-so-appropriate as this process draws to a close this week...
I am your parent; you are my child.
I am your quiet place; you are my wild.
I am your finish line; you are my race.
I am your praying hands; you are my saying grace.
I am your favorite book; you are my new lines.
I am your night-light; you are my starshine.
This process has definitely given me "new lines" (both wrinkles and lines for our family's story). It has been a hard and amazing 8 months. I'm in love with little Samuelito and can't wait to introduce him to everyone at home!
P.S. Will the person who made this bib at the baby shower last spring 'fess up? We love it and are planning to use it on the trip home! :)
14 comments:
Congrats Emily! I would have to agree with the parents, it is a lot easier to travel with two adults and one child, than having the 1-1 ratio. How exciting for the countdown to begin!
woohoo yay!! i'm loving the countdown! :-) and the bib is awesome!! for sure have him wear it on the plane!!
YIPEE!!! It's official!!! 4 more days and counting! I'll see you Friday!!! :)
Felicia
I'm glad Jimmy is going down to help you. It was hard traveling with a little one and Nicole is right, it helps to outnumber them! So happy for you guys.
Amie, Jeremy and Luke
yeah...the countdown has finally begun! Glad you will have Jimmy's help coming home. The quotes from the book made me cry...just could not be happier for you. :) Your favorite office aides ask about you all the time - can't wait to have you visit. :) Safe travels...see you soon!
Renee
Just talked to Jimmy. Now I'm finally letting myself get excited knowing how close it is to the end. I can't believe that after my test, presentation, and lesson plan that is due this week...then you'll be home! lol. That's how I schedule my weeks!
Ohh I am SOOOOOO exicted!
Love you,
Tiff
that is awesome! I was so excited when I opened your blog to see the picture with the 4 on it. I guess you can open the toothbrush and bottle scrubber for sure. I am so glad Jimmy is getting to come down for this final trip. It will be so great for him to be with you.
CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting, we cat wait to see you and meet the little cutie that we have fallen in love with over the months!! Samuel sure looks happy to know that he gets to come home and I think it's great that Jimmy is come down for one last trip and that you all can come home as a family! :)
We can't wait to see you!
Love ya,
The Barges
Jimmy & Emily- We are so happy for you that you will soon be together at HOME!! We are sad that we will not be able to welcome you home, we will be out of town Friday night. But will see you on Sunday!! Have a safe trip home! Can't wait to see Samuel in person!
Emily-
You are giving me goosebumps just reading your blog. I can't believe you are really going to be home this week-- how awesome! Can't wait to see you and Samuel!
Jennifer Reeder
Emily, I AM SO SORRY I haven't been checking my e-mails or blogs very often. I AM SO, SO, SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL!!!!!!!! Samuelito is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!
Love y'all,
Lindsey
I can't believe how excited I get counting down these days with you all! Wow Friday is so close! Does it feel real yet?
Yeah! This is so exciting! You will really appreciate having Jimmy there to help and just for the emotional support as well! Your homecoming will be so great!
wish I could be there at the airport! Have a safe trip HOME!!!
Post a Comment