Friday, November 7, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane!







Zero! Lord willing, we will be in KC tonight! Woo hoo!!





Yesterday we had a good-bye pancake breakfast with Lee Anne, Erick, Maria and Virginia. Lee Anne is an amazing pancake maker. It was hard to say bye to Virginia and Maria. They don't have access to internet to stay in touch and Maria doesn't read/write well, so besides mailing letters/pictures to them, we won't have much contact with them until we return to Guatemala. They have been such blessings to us!



We all headed to the city mid morning. Lee Anne and Erick had their final medical visit and got their DNA test done. This means they should be home just two weeks behind us. We will really miss having such great housemates, but are excited they will be just down the road at home!







Jimmy arrived right on schedule yesterday and Samuel went to him with no hesitation. We had a good afternoon/evening at the hotel. Last time Jimmy was here, Samuel started walking between us. He has been boycotting it since Jimmy left- would only walk when holding someone's hand. Yesterday, he was walking again and doing pretty well! I guess he was saving it for daddy!



We went to dinner with Kammie, a friend of friends from home. It was fun to meet another Missourian in Guatemala! Kammie is here teaching for at least two years.

Please pray for safe travel and a smooth immigration run with all of the paperwork we have for them. It's starting to feel a little more real that we are going home. I am very humbled by the blessing of this little boy, my time in Guatemala and the support from home. God continues to be so good and life with Him is sure never boring! Thanks again for all of the encouragement. We hope to see you all very soon!

8 comments:

Ally Massey said...

Armstrong Family
I love completion. I read the end of books first, I look at magazines backwards...I love when people tell me the end of a movie. I really do not like suspense or unknowns. It's a little odd...but I just love to see things tied up in a neat little package. Today....what a great celebration of your adoption process being DONE! All the paperwork, phonecalls, governments, hassles, set backs, unknowns, worries...DONE! Thank you God. Every moment was worth little Samuel coming to your family...but wow the journey was bumpy. We rejoice with you and cannot wait to rejoice with you in person. What a great day when the Lord himself says to you.."Go and live your happily ever after!"
Ally

Pat and Lee Anne said...

Good morning! Quite the quiet breakfast this morning w/o you and Samuel! We are so excited for your trip home and praying for a smooth and safe ride. I'm giddy thinking about you guys! Mom said Maria didn't waste time and marched straight from saying goodbye to you to your room w/ a bag to clean out :) Love you guys, Lee Anne & Erick

Pat and Lee Anne said...

Hey guys- Can't wait to see you tonight stateside!

Could you call me if you read this comment this morning? My cell is 816-590-1262. I am booking flights and I have a quick question. I didn't realize I had to be there at the Embassy appointment..HA! SO, I need to be down there sooner than I thought. Thanks. Pat

Lara said...

Thank you, Emily, for your blooging. It has been a wonderful way to follow your journey home and a great way to keep up with the Whitworth family too. Congratulations!

Kyle said...

Dear Em,
I located the USA NOW artist...she is a bit shy and so I am revealing who she is...drum roll...Joyce Smith!
Not surprised...she is such a clever one!! :)
Counting the minutes now...until I see and hug the three of you!
Love,
Mom

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I can't believe I'm typing this.... I will see you in a few hours!!!! I am so excited I can hardly think of anything else!!! :) See you VERY soon!!!

Felicia

Adriana said...

Que emoción!!!!! Que lindo este momento que están viviendo, hay que disfrutar cada minuto. Me imagino la felicidad de toda la familia esperandolos en casa.

Si yo estoy emocionada imaginate todos allá. Me alegro mucho por ustedes. Un gran abrazo.

Anonymous said...

Emily, Jimmy and Samuel.
I have loved every minute of this blog and prayed and celebrated each step with you. Thanks for allowing so many others the experience of seeing God work through good and tough times. He is always faithful and perfect in His plans. Thanks again for sharing and I will miss this. Can't wait to see Samuel. and you. You should make this into a book. Love you guys, Joyce Smith