Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home for Fall

I love fall. As beautiful as Guatemala is, my last month or so I was anxious to get home and see at least a bit of fall. While in Guatemala, my dad sent me pictures of his yard just so I could get a taste of fall at home. So it was a huge blessing to make it home before all of the leaves had fallen off! I hauled Samuel outside in the cold to snap a couple of pictures of him in the leaves (or eating the leaves!).




We had a good weekend and I'm feeling much more settled in. Saturday was the bridal shower for Blair which was fun. The Open House went well on Sunday- thanks to all who came! Samuel seems much more comfortable in the house and even slept in his crib last night. We still haven't figured out a schedule for him and I still feel a bit lost as to what life is supposed to look like for me at home with Samuel. Jimmy and I still catch ourselves in disbelief that this precious child is ours and that we are all home together!
I want to echo the words of Hannah in I Samuel 1:26-28 when she gives the Lord credit for her boy saying: "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." Hannah's named her son Samuel which means "God has heard". Thank You, Lord Jesus, for hearing our prayers, for holding us through this adoption journey and for bringing Samuel home!

9 comments:

Kelsey Lantz said...

Great pictures!! I am so glad you guys are settling in at home...its weird being back here and not having a ton of moms around, but I'm going to take the Whitworth's family pictures as soon as Madi wakes up...So glad that everyone is going home!

Amie Williams said...

Great pictures Emily. You need to blow up some of those!
Amie

bargefamily3 said...

I love the picture of Samuel eating the stem, that is precious! I'm so glad that you all home to experience and enjoy this beautful time of year. We still have to get the kids together some time soon!
Janelle

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Wonderful pictures!!! He's just so cute!!! Beautiful prayer! :)

Felicia

Kimberly said...

I love fall, too! I'm so happy that Samuel is home before the COLD. Awesome pics! I can't believe how much older he looks.

Bill and Melodie said...

I know what you mean... FOr the first couple of weeks we were home I kept thinking when are these kids parents coming to pick them up...
I too don't know what to do w/o a daily routine. Some days we are still in our pjs at 2pm, oh well, we have a lot of catching up to do.

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! I love when it is not to cold but not to hot. The leaves, carmel apples, bon fires, smores. Those pictures are so cute! I really can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

i love that verse! I'm so glad to hear that he slept in his crib. Your fall pictures are great. Before you know it, you'll be able to haul him out in the snow! I'm sure Jimmy is still "surprised" to come home from work and....there you are! What a blessing.

Johnsons said...

I love the fall pictures! Yeah, he's slept in his crib! You know he feels very safe and secure with you and Jimmy and his new home!