Sunday, November 23, 2008

Erick's Home!


Friday we headed to the airport to welcome home the Whitworth family! Erick stared at everyone for a moment and then went to playing with Samuel and some of the other kids without skipping a beat! It is so sweet to have them home! Today at church Erick was waving at us across the room. It made my heart melt. Now three of the six children from our little Guate gang are HOME. We are praying for Caterin, Paulo and Otoniel to come home soon!! Here are the three at the airport on Friday (Cindi, Samuel and Erick):


Saturday we went to Fritz's at Crown Center to see the trains. We were celebrating Braden's 2nd birthday! Braden is the son of our good college friends, Tim and Nicole. It was so fun to watch the boys be entertained by the trains!



If you read my previous post- sorry if I was overboard! I promise I was nice in the e-mail I sent to Mr. Riley. He hasn't responded- surprise! I was really hoping he'd come to dinner. Jimmy talked to the editor of the paper who apologized and told us he would be running many of the responses he received to the column. Here are a couple of links to responses if you're interested:
Today's our anniversary- six years! We went to dinner without Samuel, which was weird, but we thoroughly enjoyed a date night. We're going to be celebrating Thanksgiving with Jimmy's family this week. It will be a special day of thanksgiving for us as we reflect on where the Lord has brought us in the last year! Hope you all have a good week and a happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I don't think you were overboard AT ALL!!! They were perfect questions Emily....and I am so sorry....I know how bad statements like that hurt. On another note, YEAH FOR THE WHITWORTHS!!!!

Love y'all,
Lindsey

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Happy anniversary! I loved the pics!

Felicia

Amie Williams said...

I don't think you were overboard. His column was ignorant. I emailed him also, and my husband also had to "proof" it for me. Congratulations on six years! Have fun in St. Louis!
Amie

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I know you were nice when you emailed him. You of course are very passionate about orphans. Samuel is blessed to have you and Jimmy as parents. I'm so glad you are having fun as parents. He looked like he was mesmorized (wow a big word, probably mispelled) by the trains! Keep enjoying the journed of parenting.