Sunday, September 2, 2012

Samuel

Lately Samuel has been amazing me- in both good and bad ways! His strong will continues to be a challenge... when told to go to timeout, he likes to reply "No, YOU go to time out! I don't like you!" And sometimes I want to say "PLEASE! Please, send me to time out where I can't do anything and no one can bother me!" So we keep working on this.

We have had some interesting conversations recently. This week he told me he wants to have or adopt a younger brother/sister. He has been saying lately that he is sad that he isn't bigger than C. Jimmy is worried that all of his fears about birth order are coming in to play. I am not sure that I totally buy into it all- is Samuel going to be messed up because we have a child of the opposite gender eight years older than him in the family for now? I had been campaigning that it wasn't a big issue, but his questions surprised me.

Since C moved in, Samuel has been quick to tell her that he loves her and that she is beautiful. I think it is one way God is showing her His lavish love- through a little five year old. It would be awkward for her if I said that to her as often as Sammy does, but he just keeps at it with his disarming innocence. This week he said "C, my heart loves your heart." I about melted. We have been discussing how you love people for their heart- not what they look like or what they have or what they do.

That's all from here- happy Labor Day!

No comments: