The past month has flown by! We took the tree down yesterday and I feel like we just put it up. I finished the semester at Longview and then Jimmy's fam came for a weekend visit. We crammed as much fun into one weekend as possible- Jimmy's birthday celebration, early Christmas, bowling, carriage ride at the Plaza and a quick visit to the Holiday Express at Crown Center. We spent Christmas in KC with my family. This year was SO fun as Samuel was excited about everything- the lights, the presents, seeing friends and family. He also seemed to grasp a bit more of what Christmas is really about- at least he can say it's Jesus' birthday and he learned a bit more of the Christmas story. Jimmy's been off of work since Christmas and we've been doing projects around the house. I guess it's nesting or my already task-driven personality, but I have been making lists like nobody's business. Can somebody please help me explain to my husband why it is
urgent to clean the mini-blinds?
This week we also had a quick getaway to the Elms in Excelsior Springs. It was a late anniversary/babymoon. It's an old, historic hotel/spa and we enjoyed it. The rooms weren't anything to write home about, but the place is gorgeous, I had a fabulous prenatal massage and the little town is cute. We also had visits this week with some great college friends- Artz's, Garlich's and Gilbert's, but tonight our NYE plans include staying home! I've been pretty tired as sleeping well is challenging lately. I'm officially to the stage where you can feel people look at you with that "wow, she's
really pregnant." Hopefully Baby Armstrong will make his arrival in the next five weeks!
December in pictures...
Samuel with his cousins and Grandma Mary...

Jimmy and his ice cream cake- I promise it tasted better than it looks...

Christmas Eve at my parents' house...

Christmas morning with a favorite toy...

Happy New Year to all!
3 comments:
Sweet pictures!
You guys have the cutest family! Sounds like you had a fun filled holiday season!
We were at the Elms too that week! I think we were there on the 1st! We love that place! That's where we had our wedding reception. It's a nice, close get away. They definitely could update the rooms a bit but it's still a fun place to go!
Post a Comment