Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Decade in review

Just a few days left in 2009. My mother has said that the older you get, the faster time goes, and I think I am starting to see that. I watched this video clip on YouTube that I heard about on the radio- the decade in review in 7 minutes- pretty interesting:



The video clip made me think about my personal "decade in review" - lots of life change! Here is my decade in review
2000 - In college at Truman State (go bulldogs!)... studied abroad in the storybook city of Sevilla, Spain!
2001 - Graduated with my BA, living in Kville, taught at Kville HS and Middle School while getting my master's. Don't remember much of this year besides surviving the teaching (and of course, dating Jimmy!)
2002 - Got engaged! Got married! Moved to KC! First apartment!
2003-2006 - Taught Spanish at BSHS, settled into married/"big girl" life, got my cats Juana and Pedro, who I gave away quickly (not in a garage sale, as my husband likes to tell it!), bought a house, traveled to Europe and Costa Rica, started to work in an administrator-ish role at BSHS
2007 - Went to Peru on a mission trip, heart was pulled towards adoption, met Samuel and fell in LOVE
2008- Quit my job that I loved to move to Guatemala and be with Samuelito, stayed in Guatemala for 8 months and then came HOME with our SON!
2009- Turned 30!! Transitioned to life as a mama and went back into the classroom teaching part time. Sold our house and moved!

Whew! When I think about all of this, I am ok with being 30 (well, let's be honest, almost 31) and ok with the wrinkles that are starting to take residence on my face. Because I'm not 25 anymore and wouldn't want to be. My sweet Jesus has brought us through quite an adventure these past ten years, and I'm so thankful. Some surprises along the way- especially my precious Guatemalan son. The life-changing lessons that came along with Samuel just make him even more of a blessing!

No comments: