We've been back in Guatemala for two days now! It is great to be back- sort of seems like we never had left. It's been a whirlwind so far getting settled in and then getting the team from church settled in. Samuel seems to be comfortable and recognize people/things. He went right to Maria, our babysitter. I am so thankful for that as he'll spend a lot of time with her this week. Today the team started an early day of construction, but I'm waiting for Maria to arrive and will get there later. It is such a blessing to be here without the adoption issues to face! For my Guate-mama friends, we ate at Sabe Rico (yes, I ate the chicken sandwich!) and Cafe Condesa in our first 24 hours here. We won't eat out much more because we are having team meals here at the house, but we did schedule one team dinner out at La Pena. Yum! We also saw Virigina from Casa Bella and got to catch up with her. Being here with Samuel walking/running is a new challenge, too. He is in to everything- it was easier last year when he was less mobile! I have a whole new respect for Lee Anne who chased Erick around the entire 9 months she was here!
That's it for now... I'll try to post pictures. There will be more about the trip specifically on the team/church blog: www.gatewayinguatemala.blogspot.com
Hasta luego!!
2 comments:
Have a GREAT time!!!
I am so jealous! I miss that place! Can't wait to see pics! Have a blast!!!
Post a Comment